X-rings (NBR 70 shore)
X-rings are double-acting four-lipped seals with a profile of a X. The X-ring obtains its sealing function by the incorporation and compression in an axial or radial installation space. The sealing action is enhanced by fluid pressure.
X-rings are similar to an O-ring. For example, they serve as a radial and axial sealing of covers, bushings, and flanges or as sealing of piston and piston-rod, rotating shafts and covered helical movements. X-rings are mainly used for dynamic applications, because they need lesspressure than O-rings, and produce less friction. They also often are used for static applications and for reciprocating movements.
- Optimal sealing effect through improved pressure distribution
- X-rings require a small radial bias voltage, resulting in the reduced adhesion
- No adverse influence by non-woven, because the seal is positioned between the sealing lips
- Great stability in dynamic use, since the X-ring does not tend to start to roll in the groove
- good chemical resistance to mineral oils and greases, hydraulic oils H, HL, HLP
- highly non-flammable liquids, HFA, HFB, HFC and about + 50 ° C, and water up to max. + 80 ° C