The AS-10 and AS-11 are axial seals that consists of two parts, a metal ring with a protective layer and a vulcanized elastomer sealing element. The metal ring protects the elastomer seal against damage and acts as a clamp and support of the elastomer seal. The metal ring also functions as a wiper. The elastomeric seal is not attached to the metal ring but is stretched on the metal ring and is also held by the axial edge. At the AS-11, the metal ring on the outer shell is extended in the direction of the shaft. In combination with the rotating groove on the axial tread, an additional labyrinth seal is formed.
Elastomer sealing part: NBR and FKM
Metal case: deep dwawn , with a protective galvanized layer steel 1.0204 (SAE 1008), this seal is also available in stainless steel 1.4301 (SAE 304).
Pro's of axial seals
- Simple sealing element with low mounting width
- Seal against grease, dirt, dust and splash water
- good dynamic sealing function
- Extra seal function due to centrifugal action of the metal ring
- easy to install
- The metal case protects the sealing part against damage
- Good to use in conbination with oil seals
- Slight demands on the tread with respect to surface quality
- Friction decreases with increasing speed of shaftspeed due to the action of the center-flying force
- No additional axial pressure is necessary
The axial seals are mainly used in combination with oil seals. They are used as a protective seal to seal against dirt, dust, grease and splash water from outside.
- Mechanical engineering
- Electronic motors
- Propulsion technology
- Agricultural machinery
- Washing machines